Have you ever sat and scrolled Pinterest or Instagram looking at artwork?
It’s pretty awesome.
Every artist has a style… (or a few) that make them unique. It makes me crave my own style. Since my thing is to create for expression and freedom, I find it hard to stick to a certain style. I lean toward abstract, less detailed work for 2 reasons.
- I don’t have a lot of patience but, I like to get things done.
- Emotions & feelings are messy and beautiful and I want to capture that!
I do like making realistic paintings but, they take a certain amount of forethought that I don’t always have.
Some artists love watercolor. Others are committed to acrylic or oil paint and there are TONS of videos of acrylic pouring.
At first, I thought pouring paint on a canvas was like cheating at art. But, now that I’ve seen lots of different artists do it, I realize that it can be an intricate process.
Have you noticed the artists that use the same color palette for almost all of their work? I’m super impressed by that. Those artists seem to have a style and a brand that really works for them.
So! If you’re trying to find your style, I have a few suggestions.
- Try Stuff. See what you like. See what you’re good at.
- Discover. Find out what delights your audience & match that with what you love to do.
- Stick with it. Even when you don’t feel like it. Even when no one likes a post. Even if you’re investing lots of time. Even if it’s growing slow.
You can do this!
Let me know how you make out. Share some things you’ve made recently. I’d love to celebrate your style with you.
Until next time,
Peace & Love, Sarah